MHCET has declared the admit card for PCB Group .Read more
Importance of GD-PI in the process of admission into MBA
Group Discussion or commonly referred as GD among the MBA aspirants, is now become an integral and important part of the admission process in a good MBA colleges.
Every premier B-School has intuited the GD-PI process to be segment in the process of admission in their respective colleges. When started the GD PI process was only exclusive to top 6 IIMS but as the time passed it is becoming more and more familiar with other colleges too. Every coaching institutes also holds classes for tackling GD-PI rounds, and gives equal weightage to the CBT round as well as GD-PI round. All the top MBA colleges in India have now made it a necessity to pass through GD-PI process.
The GD-PI rounds the overall knowledge and skills + confidence and presentation skills of the candidate,
The purpose or importance of GD-PI round can be categorized as-
- Deciding Round- The GD-PI round is the final selection as well as elimination round in the desired institute. If you get 99% but you didn’t cleared the GD-PI round, you are not eligible for admission.
- Testing Management skills- MBA colleges produces future managers and corporate staff to fit in the machinery of economy, at the GD-PI round, the tasks given tests the overall nature, personality and skills to tackle and solve any given scenario at the time of any situation.
- Dealing with problems- Being at the management end of the corporate structure, it is the duty of a MBA graduate to deal with all the problems that the system throws at it unbiased. Business environment changes and how a person deals with it tells a lot about his skills to deal with situations.
- Confidence- It is said that “High you go, confident you are”, that is what is tested here, are you ready to be the part of top management in a corporate structure or not. The task provided are a judge on your confidence level, and personal interview itself solely tests your knowledge and presentation skills but most importantly it is responsible for testing your confidence.
- Are you a good listener?- Amongst the many qualities, a good manager should also possess good listening skills. If a manager only directs, and take decisions and compel others to impel them, there will be no difference in dictator and a leader. A good manager should be willing to listen to all and anyone.
- Behavior and Vision- The vision with which you work for the company or idols you hold and your behavior toward fellow employees or partners or anyone, is also a benchmark in the process of GD-PI round.
- Interaction skills- Interaction with your fellow-ers and your indulgence in the managerial structure is also important in the process of making a good manager. The interaction level in a manager should not be minute but not too high.
- Knowledge- During group discussion as well as personal interview, questions on current agendas are put forward you, and the way you give answer to that is tested here.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP etc.