Xavier Institute of Social Service
Xavier Institute of Social Service is a Jesuit-run business school in Ranchi, India. It was established as an extension department of St. Xavier College, Ranchi, in 1955 by Michael A.
Windey with the objective of training young men and women in Rural Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. The Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) was established as an extension department of St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi, in 1955 with the objective of training young men and women in Rural Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. In 1973 the institute was registered as a separate educational society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. In 1978, it moved to its present site and over the years has developed its own distinct identity as a centre of excellence in management education, research, and consultancy and development interventions.
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is one of the flagship programmes of XISS. This is a two-year full-time programme. The PGDM (Rural Management) Programme of XISS is rated as one of the best in the rural management field in the country.
Source and official Website: https://www.xiss.ac.in/
Xavier Institute of Social Service - Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- All the interested candidates who are looking for admissions in XAT, CMAT, and CAT must have scored 50% marks in their graduation from any recognized institute or university.
- Candidates appearing for their final year in bachelor’s degree can also apply for programs at MBA but shall produce documents in regards to the B-School’s admission criterion.
- All candidates are required to take the Common Admission Test. XAT, CMAT, CAT Test after scoring above the cutoff percentile required for admissions at MBA candidates are needed to apply for the program.
Xavier Institute of Social Service -Admission Process
- All applicants have to register for any national level entrance test like XAT, CMAT, and CAT; etc for getting admission in any management courses in the college and should have scores eligible for getting admission at the MBA.
- After completion of the Online Presentation & GD/PI round, admission offer will be made based on the exam score, GD/PI, Academics, Work Experience.
- MBA will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form XAT, CMAT, CAT Test score educational background, work experience, and other parameters.
- Selected candidates, after going through contents of the admission offer letter, need to confirm and accept the offer with the terms and conditions for taking admission to the program through “Acceptance Letter”.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching the best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also, we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP, etc.